Monday, September 14, 2026

Homeschool Day 9/14 + More CAT Testing

 We finished school at about 1:30pm, so we were both losing it at that point.  But I was proud of the effort he put in for the CAT test and his violin practice.

Reading

  • Where the Red Fern Grows
  • The Wild Robot
Language Arts
  • He wrote paragraph 3 of his four paragraph, persuasive essay
  • CAT Testing
    • He did the Language Usage section of the California Achievement Test.  
    • Scored in the 99th percentile
    • His total composite for Reading was 94th percentile
    • His total composite for Language Arts was 99th percentile
    • We haven't started the math section
Math
  • Saxon 6/5 - dividing by tens
History
  • Story of the War 2 - The War of the Roses
  • The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn
Art and Music
  • We practiced violin together.  I played guitar and he practiced reading sheet music he was given to practice at his lesson last week
  • The Good and the Beautiful Drawing I - more tracing with tracing paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homeschool Day 9/14 + More CAT Testing

 We finished school at about 1:30pm, so we were both losing it at that point.  But I was proud of the effort he put in for the CAT test and ...