Thursday, September 10, 2026

Day 2 of Testing

 We're actually learning a lot doing this.  Even though it sounds dumb to take a standardized test as a homeschooler in Texas, we both are actually get a lot out of this.  It's been a huge boost to his self-confidence.  He was much faster with the test on Day 2.  He was less confused and knew more of what the test was looking for.  During the last section, he didn't even want to look at the instructions and do the example problem.  He just kept trying to grab the computer and get started.

Blue light lenses.  He needs them.  He told me that he's turning on the color-blind settings when he plays Playstation.  I didn't realize that he was having so much nausea/headaches with screens.  That was eye-opening.  No pun intended.  

I realized that his reading scores are so high because he starts every morning reading his Bible.  I honestly think that might actually be boosting his reading skills.  Not that boosting reading skills is why we read the Bible...lol. I guess it's an added bonus.  

We did the language mechanics sections today, which took all day, because he has a five minute attention span.  He scored in the 97th percentile, so apparently The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts is pretty awesome.  And thank-you, Spelling Workout, because his spelling was in the 96th percentile.  Even I can't spell some of the words in Spelling Workout.  I'm very happy with our curriculum selection right now and he doesn't want to change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 2 of Testing

 We're actually learning a lot doing this.  Even though it sounds dumb to take a standardized test as a homeschooler in Texas, we both a...